Big Changes Coming to GmailDCI
Gmail, Google’s free webmail service, will be getting a facelift in the coming weeks.
A leaked YouTube video shows off the new interface of the search giant’s email service. “Oops, you weren’t supposed to see that,” said Andrea Freund, a Google representative. “Stay tuned, we’ll be sharing more info on Gmail’s new look soon.”
This video was deleted by Google, but you can see a mirror below.
According to this video, the new look is based on the Preview theme that is already available in Gmail, but there are also some other significant changes.
- A new action bar with icons instead of text labels.
- Profile pictures to appear next to contacts.
- An updated search box with advanced options.
- A flexible layout that displays density options (like Google Docs).
- A new interface for conversations.
Google is also expected to introduce a brand new design for its reader app.