Infographic: How to Successfully Develop & Launch a Mobile AppRaja
An app can change the world. Indeed, it has! Mobile apps have revolutionized every aspect of life – and, it isn’t surprising that more than 90 percent of mobile minutes in all markets is spent on apps.
Yes, having an app is crucial to the success of any business. Did you know that people use an average of 9 apps/ day or 30 apps/ month and that up to 85 percent of consumers prefer native apps to mobile websites? In fact, it has been reported that 84 percent of small business owners saw definite positive results, such as increased profits and brand visibility, after launching an app for their business.
But how do you go about creating a stellar app for your business? One that stands out in the crowd and has users coming back for more? The answer is simple – and you’d find it explained lucidly in this attractive infographic titled ‘How to Successfully Develop and Launch a Mobile App’ by Dot Com Infoway, a leading IT and mobile application development and marketing company.
The infographic starts with some interesting facts and goes on to explain the process of developing, launching, and marketing your app effectively in a few beautifully illustrated steps.
How to Successfully Develop & Launch a Mobile App
1. Why Does Your Business Need an App?
- 50% of the time individuals spend on digital media is on mobile apps.
- People use an average of 9 apps per day & 30 apps/month
- More than 90% of mobile minutes in all markets are spent on apps
- 84% of small business owners saw definite positive results after launching the app
- 83% of B2B marketers said mobile apps were important to content marketing
- 50% of millennials have downloaded a shopping app on their phone
- 85% of consumers prefer native apps to mobile websites
- Over 27% of the shop using retail apps to take advantage of exclusive offers
- Mobile apps have much higher engagement rates than mobile-optimized websites and 100-300% higher conversion rates
- 24% of marketers plan to add messaging apps to their content strategy
2. How Can Apps Help Your Business?
- Enhances brand visibility
- Boost Profits
- Provide Value to Your Customers
- Boost Customer Engagement
- Stand Out from the Competition
- Cultivate Customer Loyalty
- Offer a Faster, Seamless Experience
- Get Priceless Customer Insights
3. Steps to Create a Successful Mobile App:
3.1. Research Phase
- Define a clear goal
- What problem (or problems) will your app solve for your customers?
- What features will it include?
- What is your app’s core appeal?
- Check on platforms & devices to support
3.2. Design Phase
- Has user engagement elements & impressive interface
- Pixel-perfect graphics
- Intuitive features and navigation
- Superlative icon design
3.3. Development Phase:
- Wireframe creation of the app
- Define the Back End of Your App
- Assessment of technical feasibility
- Building a prototype
- Incorporate appropriate Analytics
- Capture metrics to ensure behavior
- Ensure integrity while App Deployment
3.4. Testing Phase:
The application should be tested for:
- Interface checks
4. How to Launch your app Successfully?
4.1 Pre-Launch Activities:
- Know Your Audience
- Define Your Positioning Statement
- Define Your Success Criteria
- Identify key influencers and reporters
- Create a press kit
- Listing at product curation websites
- Follow ASO best practices
4.2 Post Launch Activities:
- Alert your email list of the app’s launch
- Spread the word
- Measure the app’s success
- Listen to your users
- Incentivize continued usage
- Re-engage your users with marketing communications
- Keep the ratings high