What Is React Native and Why It Is the Leading Development for Mobile Apps?Raja
What Is React Native, and Why Do Programmers Need This Technology?
- It’s probably no secret that coding’s a really difficult task, not only for newcomers but also for experienced programmers who have already gained success in this specific market, especially if we have to create a unique code for different platforms.
- Programmers from all over the world understand this problem.That’s why no one wonders why most of them want to use the only technology that can produce universal code for all platforms and gadgets.
- It doesn’t matter whether they’re Java-developers or even PhoneGap-programmers because this unique technology can make their lives a bit easier nonetheless.
Cross-platform Development Was Not the Most Popular concept a Few years Ago
- In fact, the words “computer software” or “program” was synonymous with “a program for Windows” 15 years ago.
- In most cases, people used Windows because this system was the most popular one on the market.
- Of course, there was a parallel world with HP-UX, Linux, and Java or a world with Mac OS, Photoshop, and Illustrator.These words did not overlap, and that’s why developers created software for specific platforms or gadgets instead.
However, everything has changed,
- Mobile application platforms became very popular, and people decided it was a good idea to purchase software because the process radically simplified itself. Not only “computer geniuses”, but even ordinary people started to use such programs.
- After that, everyone finally grasped that long-standing Java’s slogan, “Write once, run anywhere” as it became very relevant.
- Countless companies, including numerous banks and even Starbucks, decided they needed their own applications. Moreover, they wanted to get them immediately for use with all popular platforms.
- Developers started to use proven tools, but it turned out that everything became a bit more difficult than expected. The vast majority of cross-platform development technologies available on mobile platforms created their own interfaces.
And there were some problems connected to this fact:
- First of all, the interfaces looked strange. Second, the interfaces were too slow. In addition, don’t forget that there are many additional factors that can become an obstacle.For example, many complex applications need improvements, which can be fixed with the aid of the “native code”. As a result, there are many problems connected with the interaction between the extension and the initial framework.
- Frameworks and libraries designed to solve this problem began to emerge like mushrooms after a rain shower: Appcelerator, PhoneGap, Xamarin, FireMonkey, and NativeScript were prime examples. But no one won special popularity. However, Facebook managed to change this story. It created React Native in 2015.
- Mark Zuckerberg’s employees wanted to fix their app but managed to do something somewhat more effective, especially for the long-run.
- At the first glance, everything may seem quite traditional.
- Appcelerator implemented this function many years ago. But everything is far more interesting than this, and we’ll see why…
What Is the Difference Between React Native and Its Competitors?
- When you use React, the technology creates your interface semantically like it does on the Web.
- In fact, designers do not create just any interface with the aid of traditional iOS or Android interface elements; they use logical components, such as “screen”, “title”, “list”, “button”, and many others. After that, you can see a final result of your interface. Just change several lines of your code to prepare it for the Web, for Android or for iOS. This approach is very convenient and fast.
- First of all, you use universal blocks to create your interface and only after that, you develop it — but only if it’s really necessary.
- Do you need to modify your interface for a phone screen, a tablet screen or a large, another screen? Use the typical structure, change some small elements, and that’s it!
React Native is “young technology” that can change your day-to-day routine, moreover: We can even track how it changes the market for mobile apps. What is the reason for this benefit? Because it’s simple to use!
There’s no need to spend your time creating different codes, which will be compatible with tablets, mobile phones, and laptops. You can create one program, which will remain in “working condition” with any gadget. It’s a real paradise for developers!
Disadvantages of React Native
It’s once again no secret that this technology’s rapidly becoming ever-more popular among developers, and many companies use ReactJS and React Native with increasing need. Nevertheless, the technology is still very young, that’s why there are also many pitfalls that you should take into account.
There are some problems connected with the speed of development for the framework.
- For example, you can suddenly figure out that some elements can be changed after upgrading. At first glance, it looks quite normal, but in practice, it can cause many difficulties that can slow your work. Such changes, of course, are indefinitely rare but inherent nonetheless.
- On the other hand, this small disadvantage is no significant reason to avoid employing the latest technology.
In fact, one should admit that React Native could be used without any hesitations if he wishes to create mobile versions of his applications quickly and without significant problems. Additionally, if the web application has already been written on ReactJS, the transmission speed will be significantly faster. If you want to create a new software, it’s now possible.
However, you should keep in mind the fact that it can be a little bit difficult to improve your “template” to make it ideal. Therefore, consider all discussed “pros” and “cons” of executing such technology, and only afterward, use freely without hesitation!