Wikileaks: Top Five SecretsDCI
The whistle-blower site Wikileaks.org comes out with another set of classified documents in its domain. This time, most of the documents contain U.S. diplomatic cables and messages. Some of these documents are classified as secrets.
Just before this leak, Wikileaks announced that it was undergoing a massive ‘Distributed Denial-of-Service’ (DDOS) attack. However it managed to publish these articles with the help of the New York Times and several other world wide news outlets.
Top five secrets revealed by Wikileaks:
1. Cables reports speak about the alleged computer hacking by Chinese government in a large scale. It also alleges that China directed the hacking of Google’s website.
2. The U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton ordered U.S. diplomats to spy on key officials at the UN. They were also asked to find out credit card details, email passwords, encryption keys to the computer network etc.
3. U.S. and South Korean officials planned for United Korea. U.S. demanded help from China for this cause and to collapse North Korea.
4. U.S. nicknamed Vladimir Putin, Former President of Russia as ‘an alpha dog’ and Nicholas Sarkozy as ‘an Emperor with no clothes’.
5. Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah demanded U.S. to attack Iran. He also called Zardari as an obstacle to the progress of Pakistan. The king condemned him as a ‘rotten head’.
The U.S. tried its best to block this release. It warned Julian Assange that the release of these classified papers would be illegal. But he is now hailed as ‘Rising Star’ of investigative journalism by a section of the media.