Microsoft Dynamics: An OverviewDCI
Microsoft Dynamics, once termed as Microsoft Business Solution, is a brand product that provides a unified solution for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications. In this article, we will discuss few of topics and terminologies associated with Microsoft Dynamics in view of creating an awareness among ourselves.
The primary focus of Microsoft Dynamics ERP has been to create an ERP based application that could suffice the needs of medium-sized organizations as well as larger ones. Microsoft Dynamics ERP provides solutions for sales order processing, purchase order processing, inventory, financial, bank reconciliation, human resource, manufacturing module, supply chain, etc. It in itself contains the following four products:
1) Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly Great Plains Software)
2) Microsoft Dynamics NAV (formerly Navision)
3) Microsoft Dynamics AX (formerly Axapta)
4) Microsoft Dynamics SL (formerly Solomon IV)
Microsoft Dynamics ERP also provides retail solutions in the form of,
1) Microsoft Dynamics RMS – This provides a complete point-of-sale solution for both small and medium sized retailers.
2) Microsoft Dynamics POS 2009 – This actually comes up with a set of tools for a retailer that enables them to manage and monitor their business and thus make appropriate decisions for improving their retail business.
MS Dynamics GP can be customized by the following Tools:
- MS Visual Studio Toolkit & Web services
- E connect.
MS Dynamics AX can be customized by the the following Tools:
- Morph X(IDE)
MS Dynamics NAV can be customized by the the following Tools:
- C/SIDE Customization Tool
MS Dynamics SL can be customized by the the following Tools:
- Customization Manager
MS Dynamics RMS can be customized by the following Tools:
Most of the MS Dynamics Products supports FRX Report and crystal report.
The main objective of Microsoft Dynamics CRM is to enable people to create a customer relationship management applications with multi-lingual support. It actually provides support for sales, service, and marketing. It has come up with Microsoft Dynamics CRM online to help businesses to expand their market potentials.
MS Dynamics CRM can be customized by .NET. The competitors for MS Dynamics are SAP, PeopleSoft, and Oracle APPS. Mostly, MS Dynamics satisfies the business needs across any organization.