App Summary – News Crew Tracker is a geo-location and assignment management tool developed and reviewed by journalists and photographers to solve the problem of not knowing where staff are located and what they’re currently working on.
Challenges – The client wanted to create a solution to facilitate work for media professionals through a location-based assignment management tool. The main challenge was to create a system on which journalists and other staff remained connected, and could locate or contact each other swiftly to relay stories faster.
Solution – Dot Com Infoway’s app development team liaised extensively with the client and created a system where a group of people who are connected to each other can see each other on a live map on both their computer and mobile screens. A perfect work manager, the app also allows the Manager to see the availability of journalists and assign work in just two clicks.
- Prevent confusion, reduce phone calls and get to breaking news faster than your competition.
- See crews and stories on a live map on both your computer and phone Create and assign jobs with just two clicks
- See how long it’ll take different crews to reach a story
- Get silent alerts so interviews and live crosses aren’t interrupted
- Well supported by web services and web portal developed in .NET technologies