How to Use LSI Keywords to Boost SEO Traffic?DCI
The use of LSI keywords can bring old dusty content out of the basement and back out into the light again as well as improve the ranking and search results of new content. LSI stands for latent semantic indexing, which is the method that Google and other search engines use to study and compare relationships between different terms and concepts. These keywords can be used to improve SEO traffic and create more visibility and higher rankings in search results. In addition, there are a variety of different methods that can be used to find these helpful words and put them to work to resuscitate old content, help new content, and reuse old images repeatedly.
1. What are LSI Keywords?
- Google returns related keywords based on the main keywords used in a search query.
- LSI keywords are usually the highlighted words and phrases in the search result descriptions and are considered the most relevant to the original keywords.
- Keywords are an expansion of the original search term and allow a greater amount of relevant search results to be discovered by a search engine.
- These keywords yield more relevant search results and boost search rankings as well as revive old content. However, there are many different ways that you can use these keywords to boost SEO traffic.
2. Use LSI Keywords in the Description
- A good meta description is extremely helpful when it comes to SEO. Use your main keyword and an LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) keyword phrase in your description and Google will give you more priority.
- Your search results will improve and you’ll rank higher as well.
- Google’s algorithm will rate your content as more relevant to the keywords you use if you use LSI keywords as helpers, resulting in more related search results.
3. Use the Main Keyword and two Semantic Keywords in Your Content
- LSI Keywords do not replace the main keywords, they supplement the main keywords and act as helpers.
- The main keywords is still essential, omitting the primary keywords will not improve your rankings.
- The main keyword acts in conjunction with the LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) keywords.
- Add no more than two LSI keywords to the main keyword to avoid keyword stuffing.
- This strategy is helpful in two different ways, it will help you to avoid Google penalties for keyword stuffing or help you recover from a Google penalty.
- This method still yields maximum search results without having to overdo it with keywords.
Wondering How to Get Your Website on the First Page of Google?
Dot Com Infoway provides a free consulting session, during which we will do a quick audit of the various aspects of your online presence and let you know how digital marketing can help you boost your business.
4. Uncover the Best Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI) Keywords
- Your best LSI keywords can easily be discovered by conducting a search using your main keyword.
- The phrases and relevant words that are highlighted and pop up in the descriptions on the search page are the LSI keywords. Use them. The work has already been done for you.
- The search itself will pull the most relevant and specific LSI keywords for you.
There are tools and software available to help you find LSI keywords.
- Google Ad Words is helpful in uncovering relevant words and phrases based on your keywords.
- Other helpful tools include; LSI Keyword Generator, Google Trends, LSI Graph, Ultimate Keyword Hunter, Niche Laboratory, and Uber Suggest.
- The Keyword Suggestion tool is also useful when it comes to finding related LSI keywords. This tool will uncover an abundance of Google search suggestions and is very user-friendly and straightforward.
5. Supplement the Keyword Phrase with LSI Keywords to Bring Dead Content Back to Life
- Simply add LSI keywords to your main keyword phrase.
- This method revives old content and helps it to start ranking again.
- The new keywords give Google a chance to spot and rediscover your content.
- Keep the original keyword phrase and supplement with one LSI keyword.
- This should increase the amount of traffic to your site.
- When used with new content, you should see results almost immediately.
6. Use LSI Keywords For PPC Campaigns and Other Marketing Strategies
- In PPC campaigns, you should add LSI keywords to your ad campaign along with variations of the main keyword. Your ads will show up more frequently in search results and rank higher.
- Add LSI keywords to your metadata just as you do with your meta description.This approach provides Google with information about the subject matter of your content.
- Using LSI keywords keeps your content from being penalized for the overuse of keywords and gives it a natural flow.
- When Google penalizes you, your content is not indexed like it would normally be.
Reducing your overuse of keywords and including LSI keywords decreases your chance of incurring Google penalties and it keeps your site properly indexed.
- LSI keywords can improve the flow of your content by eliminating the need to use the same keyword phrase over and over.
- This strategy ensures that your site will be visible, show up in search results, and rank.
7. Image Optimization
- This method is also effective when it comes to image optimization. If you have an old image that has been used many times, bring it back to life by using LSI keywords to rename the image each time you use it.
- This will optimize the image for each piece of content it’s used for.
It can be difficult to create SEO driven content that helps your site to rank well and level up in search results. It can prove even more challenging when it comes to old content. However, using LSI keywords will not only add variety to your content but also improve its ranking and search results. These keywords should appear in the title, the description, and the content. The addition of new relevant keyword phrases should be added to the main keyword phrase and used with both old and new content. This technique has the ability breathe fresh life back into old content by adding visibility and helping it to show up in search results again and rank. Conversely, it works well for new content too.
You will see results extremely quickly. LSI keywords have the ability to effectively boost SEO traffic and the relevance of search results and rankings.
- Importance of Long-tail Keywords and How to Use it for Higher Conversions
- Importance of Optimizing your Keywords for Semantic Search
- Best Ways to Improve Quality Score for PPC Campaigns
- 10 Keyword Suggestion Tools from Google
- A Step By Step Guide to Understanding Search Intent for Search Engine Optimization