Flash Professional CS5 brings Flash support for iPhoneDCI
Finally, it’s happened! Adobe Flash Professional CS5 will now support Flash applications on iPhone and iPod Touch using ActionScript 3. Adobe Labs recently revealed a couple of such Flash apps at its annual MAX event. A set of demo apps made by third-party developers are already available at the App store. With expectations sky-rocketing on iPhone Flash apps, Adobe has planned to release a public beta version of Flash Professional CS5 with pre-release support for building iPhone apps. The beta version may hit the market later this year.
The Flash Pro CS5 comes with exciting options. Some of them are:
* It allows developers to create apps by writing new code or reusing existing code to build apps.
* The source code is reusable across platforms like Adobe AIR and Flash Player, developers can also target other mobile/desktop environments without having to create new content every time.
* It may allow developers to repackage existing Flash web content as applications for iPhone but it will not allow iPhone users to browse web content built with Flash technology.
* Apps built using Flash are compiled into standard, native executable packages and there is no runtime interpreter to run ActionScript bytecode within the application
* Apps support iPhone OS 3.0 and all later versions. Though apps support all versions of iPhone, iPhone 1.0, 3G and 3GS and iPod Touch, content performance may vary between devices based on their generations
Here are some applications built using the prerelease version of Flash Professional CS5.