Infographic: Why Influencer Marketing is the Next Big Thing?DCI
In an overly competitive digital space, brands are now finding newer ways to reach out to their target audience. While social media marketing and ad placements are still sought by brands worldwide, the scenario is fast changing.
With a boom in smartphone sales and higher internet penetration, brands got a freeway to reach new target audiences, at any time of the day!
However, as expected, the increase in the pop-up and in-application ads started to turn people off. Soon, ad-blocks became popular, leaving the digital marketers high and dry.
There was a definite need for a non-intrusive branding tool that could not only hold users’ attention but also prompt them to hit the ‘buy’ button.
Marketers around the world are finding influencer marketing to be the best bet for this purpose.
In essence, influencer marketing is planning the marketing strategy around key individuals that influence a large base of potential buyers. So, from food bloggers to gadget experts to stock analysts, individuals with a broad follower base, became extremely valuable assets for brands.
Dot Com Infoway, a leading digital marketing company, has recently launched an infographic titled ‘Why Influencer Marketing is the Next Big Thing’ that reveals why the most pragmatic brands are banking on influencers to drive their branding and sales initiatives.
The comprehensively compiled infographic reveals interesting facts about the unprecedented popularity of influencer marketing as a sales and marketing tool among corporates globally.
Moreover, the infographic puts forward key points asserting the benefits of adopting influencer marketing as a permanent feature in a corporate’s marketing strategy.
The cutting-edge research used in the infographic is taken from top sources such as Marketo, Traackr, Internal Results, Launch Metrics and Tomoson Blog.
With the availability of vast content on any given product or topic, users are equipped with a lot of information to make an informed buying decision. However, as individuals, we all look for some genuine advice before making the smallest of purchase. Influencers, thanks to their specialized knowledge in a given area, fit the bill of genuine advisors perfectly. As people increasingly put their trust in the influencers, brands vie for long partnerships with the influencers, devising digital strategies that result in the quality lead generation and access to a pool of potential buyers.
Why is Influencer Marketing the next big thing?
Influencer marketing is concerned with focusing market activities on key individuals that have influence over potential buyers, rather than targeting the market as a whole.
A study by LaunchMetrics on influencer engagement:
- 84% of brands expect to resort to influencer engagement
- 69% of those questioned stated that their influencer engagement strategy was effective or got results
The top goals and the future of influencer marketing:
- Advocacy (94%)
- Awareness (92%)
As per Influencer 2.0 research on influencer marketing:
Early maturity on influencer marketing.
- 71% of Marketers see Influencer marketing as strategic
- 24% of marketers have an ‘always on’ program
- 5% have integrated influencer marketing into all their activities
Budgets on the rise,
- 59% of marketers are planning to increase their influencer marketing budgets over the next 12 months
- Just 21% plan to reduce this spending or keep it the same.
4 Positive Benefits of Influencer Marketing on Your Sales
1. Better Trust and Credibility:
- By partnering with someone external to your business that is trusted by the target market, confidence and credibility factors are usually higher.
- People no longer trust ads, but they do trust people. According to Pagefair study,
- At least 309 million people are using ad blockers on their devices
2. Broader Content and Greater Reach:
- A fresh take on content by influencers can attract attention from more people.
Most effective platform for influencer marketing as per Tomoson Study:
- Blogs – 37%
- Facebook – 25%
- Youtube – 6%
- Instagram — 6%
- Twitter – 5%
- Others- 21%
3. More sales leads:
- When people trust the influencer, the odds of them responding positively towards their brand are greater.
The latest poll from influencer marketplace Tomoson:
- ROI, for every dollar spent, there is an average return of $6.50 in additional earned media on top of the $1 investment.
- 51% of marketers believe that influencer marketing attracts higher-quality customers to their business.
4. Higher Quality Demand Generation:
- The influencer stokes the interest and enthusiasm of a prospect, priming him before interaction with your business.
In the Tomoson study:
- 51% of marketers believed they captured better quality prospects with influencer marketing
- 38% indicated the same quality of people were won over with influencer marketing
Embed this Infographic on your site: