Property Alert – Application Development Case Study
PropertyAlert is a real estate portal exhibiting properties available for sale/lease in countries world over. It helps real estate buyers find their perfect properties abroad or at home through its network of agents and database of properties. The site also serves as a medium for international real estate agents/agencies to market their portfolios and services to buyers.
A meeting place for buyers and brokers, PropertyAlert is an innovative online initiative by a young company called Comsis. With about 15 countries in its network, PropertyAlert is indeed an established leader in the international realty scene.
The client approached Dot Com Infoway for the design and development of PropertyAlert (real estate) website. The client wanted the site to have features that would facilitate easy marketing of properties across continents.
The key challenges posed by the client were:
- The site should have various kinds of search options like Quick Search, Advanced Search, Map Search etc. for the provided search criteria.
- The site should have provision for real estate buyers/brokers to know/have access to information on international services like overseas mortgage, international movers, insurance facilities, foreign exchange and legal procedures involved in buying a property in a particular country.
- The site should have an user-friendly module that would support real estate brokers/agents/agencies and paid clients to feature their portfolios or properties in an easy, hassle-free manner.
- The site should have an automated admin system that would calculate monthly leads of properties and services to generate invoices accordingly.
Dot Com Infoway approached the project in a meticulous, well-planned manner. The first phase involved a definitive analysis and chalking out of an action plan.
Our web development team adopted the following initial steps:
- Analyzed in detail the requirements of the client
- Measured and took stock of resources available and resources required
- Decided the architectural and database design that would suit the project
- Researched if the finalized design/structure has scope for future enhancements
- Deployed SMARTY (a brand new technology in the year 2007) to design/develop the site
- Used IDX MLS and displayed over 6000 properties on the site
- Created a user-friendly admin that facilitated brokers/sellers to easily input their properties on the site
- Designed an inquiry system which allowed users to submit queries/requests for availing international services
- Created an automated system which tracked leads from PropertyAlert sites, calculated the commission for the leads and generated invoice to respective property brokers.
Dot Com Infoway’s two-phased strategy met the requirements of the client and positioned the site as an authentic source on international real estate properties. The navigable, user-friendly design and search options made inputing/marketing data easy for members. The site achieved PageRank 4 within a short span of time.
The client, pleased with Dot Com Infoway’s cost effective solutions, asked us to create a site with the same functionalities for Netherlands.