DuckPress – Application Development Case Study
DuckPress sells greeting cards with golf-themes. Its requirement was to develop retail and wholesale websites.
RETAIL SITE – www.greetings4golfers.com
www.greetings4golfers.com is a retail site for DuckPress. It was already developed using old Mainstreet Commerce SDK. We upgraded the site to support the latest Mainstreet Commerce BusinessFlow 3.9 and SDK V2.0. This includes developing the whole website by reusing Mainstreet’s standard web user controls which come with its latest SDK. The following features were provided for the website using Mainstreet Commerce SDK and it’s User Controls:
- Segregated products available under retail, wholesale and both on site by using Catalog feature in BusinessFlow.
- Listed all categories and sub-categories as menu using CategoryMenu control
- Listed FeaturedView control
- Listed search results by hooking ResultsView control’s events
- Store Locator using customized FlashMap component. Store regions were plotted by identifying Latitude/Longitude using Yahoo Map API. Detailed location of the store was displayed using MapQuest.
- Configured ‘Send e-Greetings’
- Special Offers page by configuring Promotional offers at Mainstreet Commerce BusinessFlow
- Configured Cross Selling items in BusinessFlow as associated items and displayed them in the Details page of selected item using ItemDetailView and ItemAssociationView controls
- Listed Cart and checkout pages are provided by using Mainstreet Commerce user controls such as CartView, CartSummary, CartAddressForm, CartShippingForm CartPaymentForm and CartReviewForm
- Listed order history using OrderHistoryView and displaying order details using OrderDetailView controls
- Website was made compatible with I.E. 6.0 & above, Firefox 2.0 & above and Safari browsers
- Implemented new design provided by DuckPress designer
WHOLESALE WEBSITE – www.duckpress.com
We are developing a complete website for whole sale of greeting cards for DuckPress which includes the following:
- All features (except store locator and send e-Greetings features) available in the retail (www.greetings4golfers.com) site are provided.
- Only retailers (store owners) are allowed to purchase. Any new user registered will not be allowed to purchase in this site unless approved by the administrator.
- Multi-Level pricing for each product has been configured.
- Designing & Maintaining Planogram for each Retailer’s Store.