Onboarding – Mobile App Development Case Study
When designing any enterprise-level app, data security and multi-user access are often the main challenges faced by an organization. In addition, it is also important to design a scalable app that grows with the organization. Besides, a user-friendly and responsive interface is very important so that any employee can use the app without extensive training.
The main obstacles we had to overcome while designing the Onboarding app include:
- Maintain end-to-end security in transmission of data, especially files and documents.
- Responsive layout
- Web-based product to be available as web installer
The Onboarding app is designed as a responsive web application product that serves as an online portal for onboarding staff to initiate and complete the onboarding tasks for the newly hired employees seamlessly.
Our aim was to create this app as a ready-to-use, web-based product integrated with an installer that takes care of the complete application setup with necessary master data copy installed.
Here’s how we overcame the above-mentioned challenges and created the app:
- MVC5 with Angular JS was used to design the app.
- Customized sequence configuration to maintain uniqueness of data
- Only the onboarding staff can initiate onboarding activity for the newly hired employees. The onboarding staff will have the ability to create a set of tasks grouped by task category as part of the onboarding process.
- The authenticated organization user (e.g. HR Recruiter) will be listed with various tasks to make the newly hired employee comfortable in the organization.
- Customized sequence configuration to maintain the uniqueness of data
- Organizational setup
- Job / Position information and setup
- New hire setup
- E-Verification process for new hires as per United
- States Federal norms
- Extensive dashboards and reporting
- Onboarding activity reports
- Assign, re-assign, and track onboarding tasks
- Manage workflow
- Data capture / import – capturing onboarding users data from excel file and from an existing module
- Educate the newly hired on their roles and responsibilities