Onboarding – Mobile App Development Case Study
The main obstacles we had to overcome while designing the Onboarding app include:
- Maintain end-to-end security in transmission of data, especially files and documents.
- Responsive layout
- Web-based product to be available as web installer
Our aim was to create this app as a ready-to-use, web-based product integrated with an installer that takes care of the complete application setup with necessary master data copy installed.
Here’s how we overcame the above-mentioned challenges and created the app:
- MVC5 with Angular JS was used to design the app.
- Customized sequence configuration to maintain uniqueness of data
- Only the onboarding staff can initiate onboarding activity for the newly hired employees. The onboarding staff will have the ability to create a set of tasks grouped by task category as part of the onboarding process.
- The authenticated organization user (e.g. HR Recruiter) will be listed with various tasks to make the newly hired employee comfortable in the organization.
- Customized sequence configuration to maintain the uniqueness of data
- Organizational setup
- Job / Position information and setup
- New hire setup
- E-Verification process for new hires as per United
- States Federal norms
- Extensive dashboards and reporting
- Onboarding activity reports
- Assign, re-assign, and track onboarding tasks
- Manage workflow
- Data capture / import – capturing onboarding users data from excel file and from an existing module
- Educate the newly hired on their roles and responsibilities