The Property Management App Case Study
The client needed a mobile app that could be used as a platform for property owners to manage their various properties including buildings and flats for the purpose of renting them out. It will perform as a landlord app or a Property Management app that could be used for rental activities. The best rental property app was needed that could be easily used by people who may not be tech-savvy.
All standard features that would enable a property owner to carry out top-notch rental property management or real estate property management were required such as rent collection, property listing, accepting cash, online rental payments, rental property listing search, as well as home property management. Both Android and iOS versions were needed.
It needed to be an all-purpose real estate property management app that would enable property owners and real estate companies to manage all their rental activities through a single dashboard. In fact, it should act like a complete rental property management portal with every possible function that a property owner or a real estate company may need to not just rental properties, but also manage expenses, maintenance fee, rental status, and rent tracking.
- Easy registration and user management including tenants, landlords, and property managers.
- Multi-platform support – Android & iOS as well as a web panel.
- Login options including OTP and social media usernames.
- 360-degree management of listed properties including tenant management, lease management, dispute management, multiple property views with images and videos, and real-time reporting and notifications.
- Rent histories of individual rental properties.
- Dedicated sections for different aspects of rental property management.
Being a complete rental property management app they were functional, GUI -related, and property as well as user management -related challenges. Through experience and diligence, the DCI team was able to handle the following challenges for the client
- Dedicated sections for property owners, super admins and admins, tenants, and real estate companies looking for tenants.
- Individual sections for property management, rent management, rent status management, dispute and complaint management, property maintenance, maintenance management, and a horde of other features needed to track individual properties.
- A user-friendly interface and workflow that must make it easy for non-tech savvy people to register themselves, maintain their rental properties, and track various rental activities.
- Real-time notifications and reminders automatically triggered based on the status of the rent and the lease agreement.
- Document management.
- Multimedia listings of the properties.
How we took up the challenge
Being a technology company with massive experience developing world-class apps for international as well as regional clients, we had the needed expertise and the technological know-how to build a real estate management mobile app of such a scale. Our strength lies in taking on bigger challenges and turning them into opportunities.
Before actually getting down to building the mobile app we spent an ample amount of time with the client understanding the finer details of the user requirements and the objectives of the client. This gave us a broad overview of what needed to be achieved to make a successful real estate management mobile app of such scale that encapsulates practically every requirement of property owners and commercial real estate companies.
We decided to use the following technology stack to build the app:
Flutter, PHP and MySQL
As our standard approach, at every crucial stage we sought input from the client as well as provided our own input. We prefer to keep our communication process as clear as possible.
We kept one of the representatives of the client on-board through wireframing, prototyping, and user testing at every crucial stage. We provide the client a total turnkey solution from design to conception to development and deployment.
The result was a super successful app that is helping hundreds of property owners manage their rental properties across multiple locations.