25 Interesting Social Media Marketing Stats from 2014DCI
Social media has certainly come a long way in the past few years. Here are 25 stats that highlight some social media facts and provide data points that marketers can leverage for greater success in 2015.
- Marketers will spend $8.3 billion on social media advertising in 2015.
- 60% of consumers says the integration of social media makes them more likely to share product and services.
- 96% of social media managers measure number of fans and followers, 89% measure traffic and 84% measure mentions.
- Around 46% of web users will look towards social media when making a purchase.
- 78% of companies now say they have dedicated social media teams, up from 67% in 2012.
- 66% of marketers claim that social indirectly impacts their business performance but only 9% claim that it can be directly linked to revenue.
- Social media marketing budgets are projected to double over the next five years.
- Only about 20% of consumer comments generate brand responses, and the average response time is over 11 hours.
- 17% of marketers plan to increase podcasting efforts this year.(2014)
- 85% of B2B buyers believe companies should present information via social networks.
- Of all the paid advertising methods used by B2B marketers, Social Ads have a usage rate of 48%. (2015)
- 87% of B2B marketers use social media to distribute content.
- 92% of B2B marketers use social media content as a tactic in 2015.
- 93% of B2C marketers use social media content as a tactic in 2015.
- 83% of B2B marketers invest in social media to increase brand exposure; 69% to increase web traffic; and 65% to gain market insights.
- 47% of Americans say Facebook is their #1 influencer of purchases.
- Of all the social media platform used by B2C marketers, Facebook have a usuage rate of 94%. (2015)
- 70% of marketers used Facebook to gain new customers
- In Facebook, 75% of possible engagement a post gets in its first 5 hours.
- 34% of marketers use Twitter to successfully generate leads
- 28% of Retweets are due to inclusion of “please RT!”
- 18% of marketers plan to increase efforts on Google+ this year.
- 40% of Marketers use Google+, 70% desire to learn more and 67% plan to increase Google+ activities.
- People spend, on average, 4X more time on Tumblr and Pinterest than they do on Twitter.
- 53% of social media marketers don’t measure their success.
Sources: Forbes.com, Searchenginejournal.com, contentmarketinginstitute.com, Jeffbullas.com, eMarketer.com, Hubspot.com.
- What Is Social Media Marketing and How Does It Work?
- Social Media Marketing Can Do More Than You Expect From It
- Email Marketing & Social Media: Why Should you Integrate Together?
- Marketing Strategies to Grow a Social Media Audience for your Startup
- Influence of Social Media Ad Platforms in Marketing Strategy