An Insight into Adobe CS5DCI
Adobe® Creative Suite® 5 has definitely been one of the most anticipated design/development software in the web world. Launched on April 30th, Adobe Creative Suite 5 comes with about 250 new product features with exciting full-version upgrade possibilities for flagship creative tools, work flow enhancements etc. The CS5 allows creation, delivery and optimization of content across media that help designers/developers make greater impact in the web. This blog post will offer insight into Adobe’s new baby – Creative Suite 5.
CS5 includes five versions as follows:
- Creative Suite 5 Master Collection
- Creative Suite 5 Design Premium
- Creative Suite 5 Web Premium
- Creative Suite 5 Production Premium
- Creative Suite 5 Design Standard
Few highlights in CS5 products:
- Photoshop CS5: With a new feature called Content-Aware Fill, you can now remove an image element and immediately replace the missing pixels. You can also precisely warp or stretch graphics, text, or image elements to create unique new looks for your design using
Puppet Warp. The new Mixer Brush tool achieves natural and realistic painting effects, with on-canvas color blending; Bristle Tips let you create lifelike, textured brush strokes, an on-screen color picker and more.
- InDesign CS5: You can add interactivity, motion, sound, and video to documents and presentations, exporting directly to SWF for playback in the Adobe Flash® Player runtime. Also you can create pages of different sizes in a single document in this latest version of InDesign.
- Flash Professional CS5: This provides new Text Layout Framework with functions like kerning, ligatures, tracking, leading, threaded text block and multiple columns. XML-based FLA source files are used to manage and modify projects using source control systems, and to collaborate on files more easily. Now you can create more realistic Inverse Kinematic effects with new motion attributes added to the Bones tool. In Flash CS5, you can publish content virtually anywhere, using Adobe AIR® for desktop applications and mobile platforms, or Adobe Flash Player for browser-based experiences.
- Dreamweaver CS5: Content Management system frameworks like WordPress, Joomla!, and Drupal can be authored and tested with the new Integrated CMS support. Powerful CSS Inspection tools are provided for designers without reading code or needing to use a separate utility.
- Illustrator CS5: Perspective Drawing helps designers draw shapes and scenes in accurate 1-,2-, or 3-point linear perspective to create the look of realistic depth and distance. The new Bristle Brush paint with vectors that resemble natural-media brush strokes, controlling bristle characteristics and paint opacity. New stroke options allow users to create strokes of variable widths and precisely adjust the width at any point along the stroke.
- Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro: Enrich your PDF documents with embedded video, audio, and widgets. Convert any web page to PDF, preserving design fidelity and SWF content playback.
- After Effects CS5: With native 64-bit OS support, you can work fluidly on high-resolution projects, even at 32-bit-per-channel color inside HD, 2K, and 4K compositions. The new Roto Brush tool can save time by isolating moving foreground elements in a fraction of the normal time.
The Adobe CS5 product family is powering the creation of content and applications for the upcoming releases of Flash® Player 10.1 and Adobe AIR® 2, which are optimized for high performance on mobile screens and designed to take advantage of native device capabilities for a richer, more intense user experience.