Meeker Revealed Latest Internet TrendsDCI
Popular venture capitalist Mary Meeker has presented latest stats on Internet usage in the Web 2.0 Summit.
At the 2011 Web 2.0 Summit, Mary Meeker a partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, highlighted significant Internet trends in her presentation. Even amid two economic meltdowns, the U.S. has managed to witness breakthrough in two communication technologies – Internet and mobile Internet, she said.
Other highlights of Meeker’s presentation are:
- 81% of users of the web’s top properties live outside the U.S.
- In three years China added more Internet users than exist in the entire United states.
- 70% of the social networkers use Facebook, while Israelis spend more time on social networks than citizens of any other country.
- The mobile market has been growing faster than ever, but still has a huge upside.
- Ecommerce and mobile commerce are on the rise.
We have embedded the Meeker’s presentation above and you can checkout all the other interesting facts there.