The Future of Web Apps: Trends, Ideas, and Insights [Infographic]Venkatesh C.R
Start Your Web App Project Today
Kickstart your web app project today and embark on a path of growth and success. Our dedicated team will work closely with you, ensuring a seamless development process and timely delivery of your custom web app.
Web app A.K.A website application can be termed as an application program that is stored on remote servers and served to the users over the internet using a web browser as a medium.
What Are the Types of Web Apps?
Static Web Application
- Cost Effective
- Enhanced Security
- Loading Speed
- Quick Creation
Dynamic Web Application
- The Dynamic web app market size is north of 1.13 billion
- Examples of dynamic web applications include news apps and e-commerce apps.
- Top news apps include Reuters, AP Mobile, CNN News, Flipboard, and Google News.
- E-commerce apps that remain popular are Shopify, WooCommerce, eBay, and Kajabi
Single Page Web Application
- Single-page web apps like Gmail have over 1.8 billion users
- Single-page web apps such as PayPal have a revenue of $25.37 billion
- Netflix & other SPAs have a CAGR of 35.68%
eCommerce Web Application
- eCommerce web apps like Shopify is responsible for building 4.39 e-commerce sites and has a 10% share of the entire e-commerce market worldwide.
- eBay has a net value of over $27 billion.
- More than a million WooCommerce sites accumulated a gross merchandise volume (GMV) of $11.8 billion.
Progressive Web Application
- PWA can increase site usage time by 119%
- PWA apps lower bounce rates by over 37%
- The PWA market exhibits a CAGR of 31.9%
- The PWA market size will reach $10.4 billion by 2027
Major Components of Web Applications:
- Web Server – Handling of user requests
- Application Server – Execution of user requests
- Database – Storing all kinds of information
Why Should You Consider Developing a Web App?
- Lyft, an American transport service provider, launched its progressive web apps. PWA records 11% more rides than the native mobile application of Lyft
- Thomas Kent, a rapidly growing clock shop powered by Magento, was experiencing higher bounce rates. After the launch of PWA, Thomas Kent’s bounce rate was reduced by 57%
Global Progressive Web Application Market
- Market Size 2019 Value – USD 1,100 Million VS Market Forecast for 2026 -USD 7,600 Million
- Expected CAGR Growth – CAGR 34% from 2020-2026
7 Unique Web App Ideas for Beginners
CRM for Businesses
- CRM is now expected to reach more than $80 billion in revenues by 2025.
- Examples – HubSpot, Salesforce, Salesflare
Professional Services Web App
- The professional services industry will rise to $5,964.79 billion in 2023, up from $5,452.96 billion in 2022.
- Examples – NetSuite, Asana, monday.com
Online Classroom App
- Since its inception, the online learning market fact suggests that by 2025 to hit the $325 billion mark with over two decades.
- Examples – Google Classroom, Zoom Education, Kahoot
Language Learning App
- The global language learning market is expected to grow by 6.6% yearly through 2023.
- Examples – Duolingo, Memrise, Babbel
Workflow Management Web Application
- $86.63 billion is the global workflow management system market size by 2023, at a projected CAGR of 33.3%
- Examples – Trello, Nintex, Bit.ai
Review Web Apps
- Review web apps play a crucial role, with 93% of buying decisions swayed by online reviews.
- Examples – Yelp, Glassdoor
Invoicing Web App
- By 2027, the E-invoice market is expected to hit a CAGR of about 20.4%
- Examples – Zoho Invoice, Invoicera
How Do Web Applications Help You Make Money?
- Through advertisements
- Sponsored content
- E-wallet interest
- Borrowed time
Advantages of Web Applications
- Lesser maintenance and support
- Cost reduction for end users and business owners
- Executable on diverse platforms irrespective of OS or device type
- Lesser compatibility issues
- No space limitations