Top 10 Must-Have PHP Frameworks in 2019Raja
PHP also was known as Hypertext Preprocessor is a popular open-source server-side scripting language used to develop web apps. PHP frameworks help to simplify the complex process of coding by providing a platform where developers can easily powerful apps in the shortest time possible.
Using PHP frameworks, therefore, saves time as well as the workload of having to start coding from scratch. There are many PHP frameworks available in 2019. Choosing the best PHP framework for your app needs is the first step to creating a successful web app.
So do you know which framework you need to create a great app in 2019? Read on to find out.
Why Use a PHP Framework?
PHP is one of the most used frameworks for the web app development in the top website development agencies. But why do most developers prefer PHP frameworks to their alternatives like Ruby and Python? Read on to find just why you should trust PHP frameworks for backend development of your app.
PHP frameworks provide programmers with tools, features and code snippets that ensure they speed web app development. Besides, web pages developed using these frameworks are very responsive with fast loading speeds.
Another important aspect about PHP is that it can function across different platforms. This coding can be used on both website developments as well as in the mobile app development. In fact, in the mobile domain, the mobile app developer will not have to worry about the Operating system to be used.
3. Greater Database Diversity
Most PHP frameworks can be used with different databases. Some of these frameworks use object-relational mapping to allow operations across different databases without the need for complicated SOL codes.
4 Improved Stability
PHP frameworks have been in use for a number of years now During this period, developers have discovered many bugs and have helped fix them in the process. This has increased the stability of PHP as a programming language.
5. Supports CMS
Successful applications across all platforms use the content management system for better separation and presentation of digital data PHP frameworks also support CMS, and it is actually the language mostly use for CMS development.
The Top 10 PHP Frameworks
From the advantages discussed above, it is evident that PHP frameworks will continue to be the server-side programming language of choice throughout 2019.
These frameworks, however, come in different sizes and shape. Your choice of PHP framework will depend on your level of experience, development timeframe, and level of experience among other factors.
The list below highlights the best PHP frameworks to expect in 2019. After reading through. I’m sure you will be comfortable enough to choose the best PHP framework 2019 that best suits your needs.
This is one of the most popular open-source PHP frameworks, that was introduced in 2011. Lavarel helps developers in building the most robust web applications by simplifying common tasks like caching, security, routing, and authentication.
Advantages of Lavarel
- Lavarel has features that make it a great platform to develop robust apps with the complex backend.
- It allows for customization of apps to fit the developer’s needs. These include data migration, security, and MVC architecture support.
- Lavarel also allows for the development of speedy and highly secure web applications. Since security is an important aspect of web app development, you should consider this platform for your apps.
Since it is a relatively new platform, you should expect to experience some few bugs.
The Symfony is among the earliest PHP framework, and it has been in existence since 2005. Due to the many years of existence, Symfony has become a reliable framework for developing web applications. It is also known as an extensive PHP MVC framework that follows all the PHP standards.
Symfony shares many similar features with Lavarel making it difficult to choose one over the other.
Advantages of Symphony
- It is flexible and can, therefore, be integrated with other projects including Drupal. You can therefore easily install it and use it on various platforms
- Symfony allows for fast app development due to its reusable components, a module system, and it requires just a small memory space
- It also allows for interoperability. This enables developers to use various software building blocks such as forms management and translation management
Symfony is a platform made primarily for advanced developers. Beginners may find it hard to understand its security mechanism.
Codelgniter is among the best PHP frameworks in 2019. The platform was first introduced in 2006. Most developers prefer CodeIgniter because it comes with prebuilt modules which make coding simpler and app development faster.
Advantages of CodeIgniter
- What makes Codelgniter a fans favorite is its high speeds. Some developers think it’s the fastest PHP framework available
- It is the ideal framework for beginners since it comes with a simple set of libraries
- Having been around for more than 12 years, it is stable and therefore experiences very minimal lags
- Has a well-illustrated database making it very user-friendly
- The framework lacks an inbuilt ORM
- Codes are sometimes difficult to modify
Looking for Assistance in PHP Framework Development?
Dot Com Infoway has experienced PHP Developers who can help you with your projects with flexible hiring models.
This is an open source platform that was in 2005. CakePHP framework with an expansible architecture to allow you to develop simple but attractive applications. Besides, it is CRUD (create, read, update, and delete) framework, and therefore very easy framework to learn.
Advantages of CakePHP
- This framework is easy to use and understand making it ideal for beginners. It is a CRUD framework that allows for the creation of standalone libraries for easy learning. Additionally, it has timely improvised session management to keep you updated on ay technological changes
- It provides additional security for your application due to features like cross-site request forgery (CSRF) protection, cross-site scripting (XSS) protection, and input validation
The Yii backend development framework is a relatively new programming network released in 2008. This framework is ideal for all kind of web apps. Given that it is new to the industry, it helps brings incorporates new invention like lazy loading in the development of web apps. Modern apps that use lazy loading technique have fast loading time.
Advantages of Yii
- Interoperability with other frameworks like Zend
- It is a lightweight framework with high performance and great speed
- Has security features like cookie tampering and SOL injection to protect your web apps from possible attacks. This makes it a great choice for e-commerce projects and CMS forums
- You cannot create complex web apps with this framework
The Zend is an object-oriented framework. As such it is extendable to allow developers to incorporate functionalities that suit their projects. It also contains Zend components to help create web apps with improved functionalities.
Advantages of Zend
- It is community oriented with an extended community base
- Highly flexible with additional that allow developers to custom create apps that fit their needs. There are also Zend components to allow developers to choose their desired components to increase their app functionality
- Excellent speed and efficiency
- The library components are lightweight with high functionality
Phalcon is a full-stack framework that was released in 2012. This framework was written using C & Coo language. Most developers prefer this framework because it is a C-extension and therefore does not require one to learn C programming language before using it.
Advantages of Phalcon
- It is very easy to install and use
- Has a number of beneficial features including asset management, caching and universal autoloader
- It is incredibly fast due to the minimal use of memory space
The first version of FueIPHP was released in 2011. This framework supports both MVC and HMVC architecture. This allows the apps to display more than one page at a go. It is said that this framework is being updated with time and therefore expected to see more improvements in 2019.
Advantages of FuelPHP
- Consumes less memory
- Has security features making it the best framework for projects that require maximum security
It is one of the best PHP micro-frameworks in creating APIs.
Advantages of Slim
- It is ideal for beginners as it is simply to learn
- It also used mostly for simple and user-friendly small web apps
This framework is about 7 years old and therefore new in the industry. It uses HMVC architecture to enable create web apps with high performance.
Advantages of PHPixie
- It has independent components
- It is easy to use
With the guide on the best PHP frameworks above choosing the ideal framework for your project has never been easier. Make a choice and create a web app that people will enjoy using in 2019.