Top 20 Frequently Asked Questions on Mobile Application MarketingRaja
Mobile app marketing is becoming a larger field; a phenomenon inevitably brought about by the rise of mobile usage itself. For any marketer who wishes to master it, this is the perfect time to hit the books and start learning strategies with an emphasis on studying the nature of mobile app marketing as a whole.
In this post, we have compiled twenty of most frequently asked questions by marketers along with their corresponding answers. Greater focus will be given to vital factors such as app monetization, app store optimization (ASO), and user acquisition.
1. How should I develop my app over time?
You should have a clear idea of how your app would develop over time. One of the best gauges for app developers is the feedback that they get from users who have spent time utilizing the app. You as the app developer should promptly find ways to address them.
The key, of course, is to always be open to innovative changes. This takes researching and testing out your findings. As long as you can pinpoint what your clients need, you will always be able to fashion your app in such a way that it will give value to its end users all the time.
2. What monetization methods are the best ones at present?
- Affiliate Marketing
- App Data Monetization
- Freemium Model
- Implementation of Virtual Currencies
3. How often should the app be updated?
Developers ask this question frequently, but at the back of their minds, they probably already know the answer to this: it depends on numerous factors. These include:
- The advent of new technology that your app may utilize.
- How your competition is performing.
- Negative feedback that highlights your app’s weaknesses, which you then have to address.
4. Who should I be targeting?
Another key question in user acquisition, you can easily answer this with one word: demographics. Find out everything you need to know about your customers, and you’ll never be in doubt as to whom you should be targeting. Their age, location, issues, time spent using your app, among other factors, are what you should particularly focus on.
5. What factors should I focus on when ASO is concerned?
Always be mindful of:
- App Title and Description – Don’t forget to add your target keywords in them.
- App icon – Developers overlook this but users actually familiarize themselves more with the app’s image than its name.
- Screenshots – These serve as previews to your app that should showcase what your users can expect from it. Make sure it’s clear and true to the app’s content.
- App Rating – Reviews and ratings say a lot about your app’s value to users, so it’s no surprise that this is a major app store ranking factor.
6. Do app store algorithms play a major role in ASO?
Yes. Two factors are particularly worth highlighting in this regard, namely: category algorithm and keyword algorithm.
- App category, as its name implies, readily determines the rank of your app based on its category.
- Keywords are slightly more complex but they always factor in relevancy when assigning a rank to your app.
7. How do frequent app updates impact user acquisition, ASO, and monetization?
Updates give users the impression that you are consistently improving your app to deliver to users what they need. This alone is enough to affect the three factors said above, as it would lead to a greater influx and retention of traffic.
8. Should I rely on analytics for ASO?
Absolutely. A/B testing, CTR, and CRO are but some of the fields you should be looking into. Knowing what they are and taking the time to experiment with what works for them would surely make optimization that much more powerful in any kind of app store.
9. Are there any useful ASO tools I can use?
- Mobile Action
- App Annie
- Priori Data
- Sensor Tower
- App Radar
10. What should I look for when considering ASO tools?
Not all ASO tools are built alike so always remember these factors when looking for the right tools to use:
- Tools that optimize the product page.
- For keyword optimization.
- For A/B testing.
- Ads optimization.
- App store intelligence.
Need Help with Your Mobile App Marketing?
Talk to our experts. We are an award-winning marketing agency with 10+ years of experience in promoting mobile apps.
11. What types of in-app ads should I use?
- Banner ads
- Notification ads
- Interstitial ads
- Notification ads
- Advanced overlay
12. Is partnering with another app worth it?
Yes, as it gives your app unique advantages, mainly a farther outreach and it could even offer a better experience for your users. As long as you can perfectly integrate what the other app offers with yours, you can expect conducive results in no time.
13. In ASO, should I focus more on exposure optimization or conversion optimization?
The short answer to this is that you shouldn’t neglect either one. After all, exposure optimization involves improving your title and keyword targeting strategy. Conversion optimization, on the other hand, convinces your users to download and use your app. Always keep in mind that ASO doesn’t stop with just user acquisition.
14. How important is social media in my user acquisition campaigns?
Very. Think of social media as another platform altogether from which you can get traffic. It also gives plenty of opportunities for you to raise brand awareness, so you definitely shouldn’t miss out on it. The icing on the cake is that the traffi you get from social media are extremely targeted; hence, they almost always convert better.
15. Should I create a dedicated website for my app?
Not necessarily but it does have its advantages. For one, it gives users the ready impression that you are a professional developer. This is crucial for establishing great first impressions and the acquisition of users over time.
16. How should I go about with my keyword research?
- Keep a list of a potential keyword you might use.
- Know how relevant each keyword is to your app’s features.
- Use Google’s Keyword Planner.
- Consult a thesaurus to discover other relevant keywords you can target.
- Don’t hesitate to steal the keywords of your competitor.
17. What determines the value of a keyword?
- Ultimately, it should be relevant to your app and chosen niche.
- The less difficult to rank, the better.
- Of course, you should always go for the ones with the most traffic. However, your decision to target it should factor in its difficulty and amount of competition.
- It’s best to go for keywords that are shorter in length (based on character count).
18. How important is it to establish a personal connection with my users?
Statistics show that user acquisition and conversion can be enhanced by communicating directly with your audience. Reach out to your users. Prepare a message for them that would convince them to give your app a try. Take time to craft a message that will resonate with your target clients.
19. How do I write effective app descriptions?
Keep everything simple. Don’t litter your description with verbose and flowery terms. Get your point across to the user (i. e. its features and functions) immediately. Like in fiction, brevity rules.
20. What other ASO guidelines should I keep it mind?
Well, you can start by always keeping yourself up-to-date in Apple’s and Google’s marketing guidelines and developer policies. Follow their tips on what the best practices are for your app to be discovered in their respective app stores.
- Mobile App Marketing: KPIs & Metrics for Maximizing Your App Revenue
- Guide to Pre and Post Launch Mobile App Marketing Pitfalls to Avoid
- 7 Dos and Don’ts of Mobile App Marketing [Infographic]
- What is Mobile App Marketing? A Step-by-Step Guide
- Is It Always Smarter to Hire a Mobile App Marketing Agency Instead of Doing It Yourself